Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My friend's red army

Hello my friends,

As a betta breeder, one of the most challenging colouration of bettas to breed would be reds in my opinion.

If you work towards colour intensity, you tend to have black scaling problem. And when you attempt to get rid of those, you tend to have pinkish irids on their bodies. Thus, to achieve a red betta of close perfection, is a tedious job of minimising both faults. Not to mention the ongoing need to maintain good finnages in the spawns. It is almost impossible by far to eliminate both issues.

After mentioning all these, I'm happy to share with you guys some bettas bred by my friend, Taufiq. Great job and courage to work on the reds!

And I really love this female!

Also, equally challenging is the Yellows, which faces similiar difficulties in getting the optimal colouration. Which Taufiq worked on too. Impressive finanges.


Hope you guys enjoyed this post sharing of my friend/fellow breeder's spawn. By the way, I will be dropping by his place in probably a few weeks' time to get some for Bettafanism's stocklist. So do drop me an SMS if you are interested in Reds and Yellows too so I can roughly gauge the quantity to bring over. Prices will be about $20-30 each.

Cheers! :)
Bettafanatic aka Walter
SMS 96381858


No comments:

Post a Comment